Sunday, December 6, 2009

The Wisdom and Love of a Four Year Old

I think I may have learned something from my four year old son this weekend. My son, Landon, told me on Friday that he loved me more than God loves me. We play a game by telling each other how much we love one another. It usually starts with me telling him I love him to the moon and back and then he tells me he loves me all around the earth. He must have been thinking things through while he was at his mothers for the week, because of the bat he told me he loved me more than god loves me. All weekend I explained to him that no one can love more than god loves us. I thought he understood, until it was almost time for him and his sister to go back to their mother's. He told me Daddy, I still love you more than god does. Thinking about that I learned that maybe we should love each other like God loves us. Through the eyes of a four year old.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Search Engine Submission - AddMe